A lot of you have been asking me to show you how to get started with buying ETFs in Europe, so it was about time for me to address this topic in more detail.
Here are some of the things we’ll be talking about in this article:
- We’ll start by looking at what ETFs are in the first place in case you have no idea and why I consider exchange traded funds to be an important part of my asset allocation.
- Then, you’ll get a look into my brokerage accounts, something that I haven’t shared publicly before.
- I’ll show you exactly how to buy your first ETF on Degiro, in my opinion the most cost-effective way to buy ETFs in Europe right now.
- We’ll also take a look at the difference between distributing and accumulating ETFs, which might be relevant depending on the tax laws in your country and your personal preference.
- And lastly, I’ll try to explain the differences between the two account types that Degiro offers when you sign up, to help you decide.
Mintos recently launched Invest & Access as a new, simplified way to invest on the platform and to cash out more easily. I can’t help but think that they were at least partly inspired by Bondora Go & Grow, which I’ve been using since September of last year.
I’m going to compare the two peer to peer platforms and test out which one is better for short-term investments in P2P lending.
To find out, I invested 1.000€ on both Mintos Invest & Access and Bondora Go & Grow on June 12th. Over the coming weeks and months, I’ll review which one offers the better experience, higher returns and how much money we can withdraw at different points in time.
Update (December 15th): I added my 6-Month Investment-Update!
Over the course of October, I added SWAPER and Viainvest to my P2P portfolio.
In this post, I am going to share what got me interested in the two platforms in the first place, my experience so far, how I set up my AutoInvest and what I think both could improve.
Before getting into it, I would like to point out that my IUVO Group review is unbiased and only based on my personal experience investing with them.
I am going to be fully transparent about my investment and show you the exact returns I am getting on my deposit. You’ll see why they are one of my favorite P2P platforms to invest in right now.
I will also show you how you can get a nice 30-90€ bonus or cashback on your investment – but more on that later.
Update (February 7th, 2019): I updated the review with my most recent numbers, so you can see my investment’s progress so far.