A lot of you have been asking me to show you how to get started with buying ETFs in Europe, so it was about time for me to address this topic in more detail.
Here are some of the things we’ll be talking about in this article:
- We’ll start by looking at what ETFs are in the first place in case you have no idea and why I consider exchange traded funds to be an important part of my asset allocation.
- Then, you’ll get a look into my brokerage accounts, something that I haven’t shared publicly before.
- I’ll show you exactly how to buy your first ETF on Degiro, in my opinion the most cost-effective way to buy ETFs in Europe right now.
- We’ll also take a look at the difference between distributing and accumulating ETFs, which might be relevant depending on the tax laws in your country and your personal preference.
- And lastly, I’ll try to explain the differences between the two account types that Degiro offers when you sign up, to help you decide.